Interested in volunteering with Project Canoe? We are always seeking values-aligned individuals to contribute to making our program even better and more sustainable. New volunteers primarily contribute to Project Canoe by joining one of the below listed committees. If you are interested in helping PC in this capacity, please contact Tim.
We are currently seeking:
- A former youth participant of Project Canoe interested in joining the Program Committee.
- A professional fundraiser to join the Fund Development Committee.
- Bingo Hall volunteers
BINGO HALL VOLUNTEERS
Project Canoe is now eligible to receive a portion of profits from the Dolphin Bingo Hall. This could be a huge source of revenue for PC, and through this relationship we can provide hundreds more youth days of programming each year.
Required for this, we need around 2-3 volunteers during each bingo session we profit from. We’re hoping to do about 2 or 3 of these a month, so we’re trying to build up a good bank of volunteers to attend these sessions.
If you'd be willing to help volunteer at these sessions you will unlock funding for PC that will make the world of difference for young people!
As a volunteer you would act as an ambassador for PC, answer questions asked by patrons, and help with some cleanup. You would not have to run the bingo itself. You’d be there for about 2 hours & 15 mins each time. Whether you could do it just a few times or on a regular basis we’d be so so grateful for your help!
If you are interested please email Peter Szathmary (who is coordinating this effort)
PC currently has four active, year-round committees. These are:
- Governance & HR Committee - ensure that the Board fulfils its legal, ethical and functional responsibilities to PC
- Finance Committee - ensures that the Board has sound financial oversight of the operations of the organization
- Fund Development Committee - works with ED to ensure that funds are raised to meet and exceed the budget
- Program Committee - provides strategic and policy guidance on programming-related topics that supports safe and empowering experiences for our youth participants
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
We ask our all potential Board members to serve on one of our working Board committees for 3-6 months to assess mutual interest in moving onto the Board of Directors. Download the Board member job description for more information.