Position: Summer Program Director Reporting To: Executive Director
Salary: $12,465 (includes accommodation from late May-Aug)
We are looking for a competent, independent and highly motivated leader, who has the skills and experience to work with our youth population and supervise the summer staff team. Our Summer Program Director will have comprehensive knowledge of our youth population, excellent judgment, and group and staff management skills.
Full-time April 6th - September 9th, with ten days before contract begins to assist in hiring process for Canoe Trippers and other summer preparation.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to ensure the complete implementation of the summer program.
- Management, supervision and evaluation of the summer staff.
- Oversee youth recruitment, conduct intake interviews and make presentations.
- Plan, create, implement and supervise staff training, including a staff training canoe trip
- Implementation of the summer program and operation of the Toronto basecamp, including working committees and community relations
- Administer and track summer program budget
- Respond to questions from and incidents or emergencies in the field as required
- Collect and/or complete all relevant paperwork (follow-up letters, medical forms, incident reports, etc.)
- Must be comfortable in a collaborative staff working and living structure
The SPD may have the opportunity to lead a youth canoe trip during the contract, if time and resources permit.
- Relevant background (3 or more years of direct experience) in child/youth services (MSWs, BSWs, Child and Youth Workers or others with relevant education and experience are encouraged to apply), with preference given to candidates with specific experience working with our target population (youth “at-risk”) and experience with and love of the outdoors.
- Experience managing or supervising staff
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid, National Lifeguard Service (NLS), ORCKA tripping 2, or equivalent experience are highly valued
- G Class license. F-Class license or willingness to obtain F Class license an asset.
- Other instructor qualifications an asset
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Canoe would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Project Canoe is committed to employment equity, and welcomes all qualified applicants.