Interested in volunteering with Project Canoe? We are always seeking values-aligned individuals to contribute to making our program even better and more sustainable. New volunteers primarily contribute to Project Canoe by joining one of the below listed committees. If you are interested in helping PC in this capacity, please contact Tim.
We are currently seeking:
- Bingo Hall volunteers - learn more here.
- A professional fundraiser to join the Fund Development Committee.
PC currently has four active, year-round committees. These are:
- Governance & HR Committee - ensure that the Board fulfils its legal, ethical and functional responsibilities to PC
- Finance Committee - ensures that the Board has sound financial oversight of the operations of the organization
- Fund Development Committee - works with ED to ensure that funds are raised to meet and exceed the budget
- Program Committee - provides strategic and policy guidance on programming-related topics that supports safe and empowering experiences for our youth participants
Additionally, we have temporary committees that run seasonally alongside our summer program:
- On-Call Advisory Committee - provides management team with additional support and advice with situations that arise in the summer program. This committee includes doctors, alumni, social workers, and other experts & community members
- On-Call Driver Committee - a volunteer network of drivers who support our trips in case of non-emergency evacuation from trip. Drivers must have a G-Class or greater license, a good driving record and some availability during the summer. O n-call drivers will be rarely if ever called upon to drive in the summer.
Finally, there are other committees and working groups that Project Canoe runs that support other projects. Examples include special event planning, fundraising campaigns, and so on.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
We ask our all potential Board members to serve on one of our working Board committees for 3-6 months to assess mutual interest in moving onto the Board of Directors. Download the Board member job description for more information.